6.1K views
1.5
Style and Design

I just received a message from my friend asking: "Do you still love your Sactional? Thinking about buying one and wanted your opinion on pieces to buy for the right configuration!" I responded that I absolutely DO NOT love my Sactional.

Not anymore. I feel a responsibility to post this message because I used to advocate for the Lovesac Sactional to anyone who would listen. Easy to configure! Easy to change the cover when your tastes change (or if the couch is irreversibly marred or stained by pets and the like).

Easy to reconfigure! After 4 years of owning my Sactional, here's the real deal. It's easy to move if you're moving to a new house or apartment. And the initial shipment to your home is a breeze.

But that's about it. Regularly re-configuring the Sactional is NOT easy. It takes a long time and I often find myself needing a buddy to keep the couch level while I try to find the opening in the foot hold while simultaneously praying that the couch doesn't come crashing down on my fingers. The cushions and sides and backs just don't align well.

Re-configuring this is absolutely miserable. So is washing the covers. I purchased the tufted cushions, so admittedly these are likely more difficult to deal with than those without tufted backs. But getting these things back on after washing takes me around 2 hours.

My fingers are fairly nimble, but the way the tufts use elastic to loop around wooden posts is an art form. By the time I'm done putting the covers back on my fingers are raw and I usually have scratches on my hands. In addition, the elastic that loops around these wooden posts shreds up in the wash. I have rigged up a rubber band + safety pin system for the 10 or so elastic loops that have disintegrated (I wash the covers once every six months since I have a dog).

I would have expected these loops to withstand the wash but they just don't. The covers also pill like crazy. I bought a sweater shaver that I use on the cushions now after and in-between washes. I need to use this almost monthly for the couch to look decent.

When I recently reviewed the Lovesac website in search of new covers (since mine are disintegrating, as previously noted) I found that they no longer carry covers that support the tufted backs. The primary reason I bought this was to keep essentially one base couch forever and replace pieces as they wore or needed it. I would need to pay around $1000 for new non-tufted cushions and another ~$1000 for covers (I have a normal sized Sactional, nothing massive, the cost of the pieces is simply outrageous). So now I have lost all faith that Lovesac is committed to supporting their line of products for the life of ownership.

If they put out new variations of products they should retain at least a couple of basic offerings to support replacement needs of items consumers previously purchased. But they don't. So none of the mantras that attracted me to Lovesac hold up. It's not good for life, it can't be re-configured regularly (with ease), nor can I change it down the line to suit my evolving tastes.

This is a big ticket item that I regret purchasing.

I informed my friend and she's buying elsewhere! Please don't buy this product.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any) as the author lost $2800. The author is overall dissatisfied with Lovesac. The most disappointing about lovesac sofa from Lovesac was quality, warranty and affordability , but reviewer liked delivery. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Lovesac.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Furniture and Decor category for more informed decision or compare Lovesac to other companies on our site.

Comments

Thank you for posting. I was concerned about the issues you raised and am happy to be informed before I buy.

What are you doing that so wrong, that it comes down crashing on your fingers?! I’ve had mine for 4 months and moved it maybe 10-12 times and I have a lot of pieces I have 13 seats and 16 sides.

You really are doing it wrong. I do it alone and yes mine takes me over an hour but that’s because it’s 13 seats!

That’s more than 4 sofas.You lay out the bases, then do the backs one at a time, using the wooden feet. Confirm it’s straight and bam lock with the meat c clamps, done!

I paid $8000 for a love sactional. It is so uncomfortable I'm shocked

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, United States #1252795

I've been going back and forth about buying one for a month. The cost is totally prohibitive...

and they're 30% off right now. I can't fathom buying them at regular price.

The price is crazy.

I could afford them, I just hate overpaying to that extent for anything.